At Pacific Grove Hospital we provide whole person care for adults struggling with psychiatric disorders and chemical dependency abuse or addiction. Our clinical team meets the patient & family where they are at in their process, allowing trust and a foundation to form and grow.
Levels Of Care
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Family Program
- Alumni Program
- Ongoing Support
Pacific Grove Hospital is a full service, JCAHO certified psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital. Our center provides the following treatment services:
- Behavioral Health
- Chemical Dependency
- 24-hour Acute Care/Crisis Stabilization
Whole Person Care
Pacific Grove Hospital is integrating the traditional 12 Step Recovery with complementary therapies to better treat the Whole Person. The goal of integrative medicine is to treat the Whole Person – mind, body, and spirit – not just the disease.
- recognizes, values and celebrates the importance of the individual.
- acknowledges the disease freely and safely, and teaches how to live life well with it.
- brings awareness and sensitivity to what is going on in our bodies and teaches tools to listen and respond in healthy ways.
- provides supportive tools for a balanced life
- believes the human spirit is an essential and critical contributor to our health and recovery, as such we explore the spiritual aspects of treatment intervention.
Co-occurring or Dual Diagnosis treatment is all about acknowledging all the issues at one time. In treatment we want to help you prioritize your various concerns so that you can begin to take on each issue one step at a time.
Numerous research indicates the benefits of Complementary and Alternative Medicine practice to the art of healing. An Individual must be a willing participant in the treatment goal of personal well-being.
Goals For Treatment Include
- Increased self-esteem manifested by improved self care
- Medication education manifested by medication compliance
- Use of alternative activities to occupy time in a productive manner
- Personal acceptance of disease and/or mental health issues
- Increased support from family and friends through education of pts issues
- Importance of self care in order to care for others
- Understanding the value of a “spiritual” experience or connection
- Belief that things can be different – until they are different
Clinicians and staff at Pacific Grove Hospital are dedicated to making every patients’ stay a transformative experience that bestows them with the knowledge, skills and resources necessary to pursue a healthier and more fulfilling life.